Online and Simulator
Lessons are available here for use online. They can also be downloaded for use within the Condor Soaring Simulator.
Lessons are listed below, along with links to their online briefings and flight demonstration videos.
The online lessons comprise:
- Briefing, accessible in your browser. These explain the key learning points for each topic.
- Flight Demonstration video. We are working on developing the format of these, to include audio and easy-to-read on-screen messages. The initial videos are recordings of the exercise as viewed in Condor. They include text messages describing the action and learning points. The messages are most easily read on a large screen, and you may need to pause to read them before you continue. Unlike a real world flying lesson, they can be rewound and repeated on demand. As the Animated versions of the videos are added to replace the original ‘Condor versions’, we are also publishing Unanimated versions for use with an instructor.
Condor Simulator Lessons
Visit the downloads page to request lessons you can add to Condor’s Flight School. The lessons include the briefing, flight demonstration and exercise for practise and assessment. The Condor Soaring Simulator is a pre-requisite for these.
The Condor Flight School lessons comprise:
- Briefing, accessible in the simulator
- Flight Demonstration, accessed via the View Lesson function. These lessons are available with the messages for self study and revision, or without, for use with an instructor.
- Flight Exercise, accessed via the Try Lesson function. These allow you to fly the exercise from the same start point and conditions as the demonstration. This is a great way to learn and practise the skills.
Effect of Controls
Turns and Straight Flight
Launch by Winch
Launch by Aerotow
Advanced and Other
Field Landing (Early Draft)
More to follow…
Contact glidingschool.com to submit your suggestions for additions, enhancements and corrections, and especially if you have add-ons to the Condor Flight School that you’d like to share.